Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Start Here

One more, and then I'll go...
A story about holding on, letting go and finding a way to paint the world the most brilliant shades of weird.

What you’re about to read isn’t about me. Not in any real sense, anyway. What it is about, is all of us - the beautifully messy human creatures that we are. The ones who mostly mean well, but almost always get lost or manage to screw it up while trying to survive.

For any of this to make sense, you first need to realize that everything I’m about to tell you could have, and most likely has, happened in the lives of countless people - maybe even yours. Because of the way I’m going to tell you all of this, it’s important to understand that every part will likely be a finely concocted mixture of actual events, imaginary details, and stories I’ve heard along the way, that will all get blended into an easily digestible piece of "fiction".

While I might be the narrator and the main character (weird, I know) this is not a story of my life. I’m not really that important in the grand scheme of things. Honestly, I’m just here to help you understand a few things. But, because every story needs a main character, someone to relate to, someone to live vicariously through, someone to blame, and then someone to help makes sense of it all, I’m going to tell you all of this as though it happened to me. The other thing that you need to understand is that I’m just like you. And you’re just like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment